Monday, June 30, 2008

SIX MONTHS DOWN!!

YES! I MADE IT HALF THE YEAR WITHOUT ONE SINGLE SHOE PURCHASE... IT DOESN'T EVEN PHASE ME ANYMORE... EXCEPT THOSE TORY BURCHES THAT I HAVE TO WALK BY EVERYDAY... IT IS A GOOD THING I AM TOO SHORT TO WEAR FLATS.

My self control reminds of being in college. I was friends with the coolest girl for awhile when I was a freshman and sophmore and she practiced lent, so I being the follower that I am, also started. Over the years, I have given up shopping, candy, fast food, carbs (stupid decision), and have added things into my life like doing 500 sit ups a day and reading the scriptures... all good things. One year, I decided to give up chocolate. I must say that I am better at practicing lent than most catholics, mostly because I am so dang stubborn and already abstain from so much in life. I was roommates with Nicole at the time, and she rarely cooked or baked anything (even though she is more domestic than I will ever be). For someone's birthday, she made chocolate cake... a cake that she still won't let me try, but I hear is delicious... but, me being the stubborn, non-catholic, lent follower, would not try the cake because it was chocolate. She was so mad at me. I still feel bad about it.

Moral of the story is...

Even though I have probably averaged buying 2 to 3 pairs of shoes a month for the last 5 or 6 years of my life, there will be no receipts from shoes being purchased in 2008!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

My chocolate cake is really good!

Ryan said...

That's insane, Jen. I think you inspired my wife...she's throwing out a huge bag of old shoes.

Buschfest said...

Only 6 months since buying a pair of shoes??? Are you kidding me??? That's like a drug addict going without for 6 months...get into rehab sister!

Stevo

julie said...

Are you allowed to buy running shoes? Those are pretty necessary if you want to avoid injury and shin splints.

CraigT said...

I just noticed your silly posting. How can one be "in love with shoes" and not purchase any. I would be willing to bet a pair of Jimmy Choo's you'll be off the wagon by Christmas!

Buschfest said...

You really are crazy....I never realized you were this crazy though. No shoes in all of 2008?! What is the world coming to?? Stop the madness! For me...
Amy

Melanie said...

I really have gotten a kick out of this goal...I hope you can do it...it's really not that much longer, but with the new fall season, and new winter shoes I wish you good luck!!!