Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jimmy Day- January 2nd, 2008

The highly anticipated day finally arrived! My dad came down to Nordstrom today and we did some settling of our bet. As many of you know back in June, I blogged about my successes so far in keeping my own resolution for the year of not buying any shoes. I was doing this for myself and not for anyone else. However on July 3rd, my dad said this...

I just noticed your silly posting. How can one be "in love with shoes" and not purchase any. I would be willing to bet a pair of Jimmy Choo's you'll be off the wagon by Christmas!

This definitely upped the ante. Although there were some temptations to buy shoes those last six months, there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity for my dad to buy me another pair of Jimmy's.
I survived the whole year of not buying any shoes! I did it! As my dad came into the store, it was as though everyone in the store knew why he was there... as you may have guessed, I have not kept this a secret. We had a great time picking out the shoes... well, at least everyone, but my dad. These are the beauties...


What do you think?


Jimmy Choo 'Pavia' Patent Leather Pump
Glossy patent leather is fashioned into an incredibly versatile, chic pump styled with a low mary jane strap and almond-shaped toe.
Decorative mary jane strap with goldtone, logo-embossed buckle closure.
Approx. heel height: 4".
Patent leather upper/leather lining and sole.
Made in Italy.
Salon Shoes.









4 comments:

Kimberly Giardino said...

Those are great shoes!! When your dad came into Nordstroms did they page you? I was there yesterday and I heard them call you over the intercom!!

CraigT said...

I am not sure it was will-power or stubbornness that got you through the year! Regardless, the "Jimmy's" look wonderful. I hope they are appreciated by someone close to you, as well as all those co-workers. Your mother is jealous!

Renee said...

Love 'em! Good work!! I'm not sure I would have been able to do it...but it looks like it paid off!! Totally classic.

julie said...

Way to go Jen! Your mom is not the only one whose jealous. I currently own zero Jimmy Choos.