Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April at the lake!












Today was the 10th time I have gone waterskiing so far this season! It has been awesome weather, well at least good enough to go with a drysuit on. Dustin and I are the only ones crazy enough to consistently go, so I have had to get good at driving the boat. I am usually more nervous about driving Dustin than getting into the frigid water.


We have also had three bonfires so far. You would be amazed at the turnouts that we get. The first time we decided to do it at 8:00 at night and had 15 people show up. The next time we planned it at 5:00 and had 29 people. This last weekend was planned in advance for my roommate, Karen's birthday and we had 50 people show up. People love it. Who knew... marshmallows and fire would have such a great response.


I got called to be the activities co-chair again.... my 7th time! The above story might show why:


a. I have fun planning things for people to do.


b. I actually care about attendance


c. I am crazy enough to say yes.


The bummer part is... well, one of the bummer parts is that they sustained me on Sunday and did not release me from being a Gospel Doctrine teacher... I thought it was a mistake and it turns out I am keeping both callings for the time being... ahh!


6 comments:

Teri said...

Okay, you are kidding, right? I think that must be your eternal calling. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up at the lake, hope you take advantage of it when it is actually nice out.

ABSOLUTELY NORMAL CHAOS said...

Ummmm should we be worried about the BIG, HUGE FIRE burning. like 10 feet tall.

Renee said...

Oh man Jen! You look great! And are having so much fun! You are making me seriously consider a move back to Colorado!

Seth Jenson said...

That is a HUGE bonfire!! Good job. I think there were a couple of UFOs in one of those pictures.

I feel ya on the calling thing! Our ward is a little slight, and I currently have 3 callings!! We need to move. Just kidding. Meg had two callings in primary but she just got released and is doing young women's now.

Anonymous said...

SO fun! Summer fun! ENDLESS summer fun. Isn't that what Dustin's calling it? :) As for what Teri posted, I dont think she needs to worry about you taking adv. while it's NICE... since you take adv. even when its freezing. 35 degrees = freezing. Remember how Dustin swam out 20 yards to the dead boat without the dry suit? CRAZY!

Widdisons said...

Wow, 7 times for the same calling! How fun! We were just called to be on the activities committee so I might be asking you for some ideas! It looks like you know how to have fun!! :o)
By the way, I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog every once in a while! It's kind of fun to see what people are too!
Jodi (McQuivey)