Friday, September 5, 2008

Endless Summer Goes to Lake Powell!!




After months of talking about going to Lake Powell, we finally did it! It was awesome. We had 12 awesome people come with us and used my family's houseboat (thanks!). It was perfect weather and we had a great time! Here are some pictures of the fun that we had...








Dustin and I went hiking up a canyon one day and found a huge log. Most people would have walked right passed it, but Dustin is not most people. The next day we got the boat and went and hauled it over to the houseboat. I have never towed a log behind a boat before.
We played on that thing for hours. That was one of the first adventures that Dustin created.






Spence brought his creativity and camera on board. We got some cool pictures because of it.
Dustin did not stop with the log. One day while driving the ski boat, we found a drill and stakes. Dustin immediately knew what we were going to do with them. We moved the houseboat to where he could make the perfect zipline. It was super fun and made a relay that we all had even better.
This is Dustin sliding down the zipline.


On our way to Defiance House, we found some other ruins. Of course I had to play inside one of them.
This is at Defiance House.
Here are Traci and I. We had a great time together. My friends realized that there is a Thornton so much cooler than me.
There is no place like Lake Powell. It is a trip like no other. So much work and so much fun!






3 comments:

Lisa T said...

Sounds like you had a great time...wish we could have been there. Maybe next year, but only if Dustin comes to take care of you and the houseboat and of course bring on the fun!!

Melanie said...

Oh it looks like you had a blast...I love Lake Powell!!!

Collin and Traci said...

ok ok! I'm a little behind on my blogstalking... but just for the record, there is no Thornton cooler than you! Not even me! :) But i will keep trying!